Entry Requirements of Zanzibar City College
Diploma in Hotel Management
Hotel/ Hospitality Management as a field requires aspirants to possess good communication skills as well as an impressive personality.
Due to globalisation the hotel management industry is growing with leaps and bounds. Each year, a lot of hospitality related jobs are injected in the economy. These jobs are offered not only by Indian firms but also by international hotel chains. Thus, Hospitality Management is a fruitful field to make a career in.
Some common hotel management subjects that candidates are taught at the Tanzania level include introduction to food & beverage service, kitchen operations management, cookery, front office management, management of hospitality organisations, etc.
|Course Name||Diploma in Hotel Management|
|Minimum entry Requirement||
Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (NECTA)
with four passes “D” in non-religions subjects
Required Skillset for Hotel Managment
Candidates who want to make a mark in the field of Hospitality Management should be able to multi-task because in this field one is constantly tested to expand their boundaries and that too on a regular basis. Some key skills that an individual should possess so as to be successful in the hotel/ hospitality management industry are:
|Required Skillset for Hotel Managment|
|Having an outgoing and pleasant personality||Good communication skills|
|Customer oriented approach||Responsibility|
|Ability to adjust in a crowd/ different circumstances||Ability to be committed and dedicated to a task|
|Willingness to work long and odd hours||Ability to multi-task|
Hotel Managment : Job Profiles & Top Recruiters
Hospitality industry is the place to be in this era of globalisation. There are many portfolios wherein aspirants can make a career in the hospitaliry industry. Some of these are as mentioned below.
- Hotel Manager: A hotel manager is responsible for maintaining the standard of service offered at the hotel and also ensures that all facilities are offered to guests. A hotel manager supervises the working of the housekeeping department, ensures that good quality food is offered to guests and is also involved with the working of the banquet department. He/ she is responsible for increasing the revenue earned by the hotel.
- Front Office Manager: In this job profile one is required to supervise the work of reservation clerks, receptionists, information clerks, doorman and the bell boy. Front office managers are also responsible for ensuring that rooms offered to guests meet their requirements. A front office manager also needs to coordinate between the housekeeping department as well as the food and beverage department from time to time to ensure that requests made by guests are fulfilled on time.
- Housekeeping Manager: Individuals working on this job profile are responsible for ensuring that the entire hotel premises, right from the guest rooms, banquet halls, meeting rooms as well as the reception area, is clean and well maintained. A housekeeping manager is responsible for making rosters, training staff and supervising the work of housekeepers, cleaners and seamstresses. Housekeeping Manager is also tasked with the job of ordering cleaning supplies in a timely manner.
- Food and Beverage Manager: Professionals in this career choice need to plan, organise and supervise the work of the catering department. People in this profile are usually entrusted with the task of interacting with guests and ensuring that the needs/ demands of customers are fulfilled.
- Restaurant and Food Service Manager: Individuals working in this profile are responsible for taking stock of cutlery, cleaning supplies, linens, paper, cooking utensils as well as furniture and fixtures of the hotel’s restaurant areas. They are also the people in-charge for arranging equipment maintenance and repairs.
- Chef: They are responsible for preparing meals, training kitchen staff, ordering supplies, planning menus, managing the kitchen budget, enforcing health and safety regulations and preserving food quality. Chefs are usually the first people to reach for work and the last ones to leave.
- Banquet Manager: In this job profile one is responsible for every event that is conducted at the hotel’s banquet. The banquet manager is responsible to rent out the banquet for corporate events or private parties. A banquet manager needs to work very closely with the catering department as well as the food and beverage manager to ensure that timely snacks, food and drinks are offered to the guests.
- Steward: Individuals working in this job profile are responsible for ensuring that cutlery is laid out at the hotel’s restaurants as per requirement. They also need to ensure that the banquet rooms have adequate and proper furnishings. Stewards also need to ensure that the food for room service is prepared quickly and orders are served quickly and accurately.
- Floor Supervisors: They are in-charge of the upkeep of all the rooms on a hotel’s floor. They work closely with maids and bell boys.
Certificate in Food & Beverage Services
Certificate in Food Production
Certificate in Hotel Management
Certificate in Tour Guiding & Operation
Diploma in Air Fare & Ticket
Diploma in Food & Beverage Services
Diploma in Food Production
Diploma in Hotel Management
Diploma in Tour Guiding & Operation
Certificate in Business Administration
Certificate in Human Resource Management
Certificate in Procurement & Supply Management
Certificate in Secretary Course
Diploma in Accountancy
Diploma in Business Administration
Diploma in Human Resource Management
Diploma in Procurement & Supply Management
Diploma in Secretary Course
Our Popular Courses
Look some of the most popular courses at Zanzibar City College of Technology
Food production is a major department in hospitality industry in which candidates can excel by learning various aspects of food production.
The programme produce professionals with skills, knowledge and right attitude to facilitate efficient development process of communities.
Air fare & Ticketing
Fares and Ticketing is a niche specialization of the Hospitality and Travel field.
Nursery teaching Training
I wish you all a peaceful and successful session full of achievements in your academic endeavours at your respective levels of studies.
Secretary & Record Archives
Secretary Course is one of the principal posts in a company. He/she act as a conscience seeker of the company.