Entry Requirements of Zanzibar City College
Diploma in Food Production
Food production is a major department in hospitality industry in which candidates can excel by learning various aspects of food production such as preparation techniques, cooking methods, kitchen management, food cost control, etc. The chef is the backbone of food and beverage epartment. The professional has the responsibility of preparing food for all specialty restaurants along with performing some other duties such as deciding the menu, maintaining quality of food, supervising the kitchen and so on.
Candidates aspiring to build their career in the field of food production have bright prospects if they are focused to learn all the required skills starting from chopping to preparing a variety of dishes in cuisines such as local food, Chinese, Continental, etc.
|Course Name||Diploma in Food Production|
|Minimum entry Requirement||
Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (NECTA)
with four passes “D” in non-religions subjects
Required Skillset for Food Production
Candidates having a passion for food and cooking are apt to pursue a course in food production. However, some of the traits and skillset that candidates looking for a career in food production should possess are:
|Required Skillset for Food Production|
|Communication skills||Multi-tasking skills|
|Attention to detail||Ability to work for long hours|
|Organisational skills||Decision-making skills|
Food Production: Job Profiles & Top Recruiters
Candidates with a degree, diploma or certificate in food production can find promising career opportunities in both India and abroad. Candidates can find jobs at various 5-star hotels, restaurants, food courts, cafeterias, banquets, railways, catering establishments, food processing companies, airlines, and multinational hospitality companies.
Given below are some popular job profiles that candidates can take up after obtaining the required qualification in food production:
- Food Production Worker: A food production worker works in various facilities that serve food and is mainly responsible for preparing meals. Some of the daily responsibilities of a food production worker are storing food properly, operating food processing equipment, maintaining supplies, and assessing quality of food products.
- Production Planner: A production planner is responsible for planning as well as smooth running of food production processes. The professional draws up work schedule in coordination with the production manager and ensures that the schedule is followed properly.
- Food Production Manager: A food production manager is responsible for overseeing food processing facilities and procedures. The professional supervises employees and monitors product quality at plants that transform raw materials (such as vegetables, grains and livestock) into products that consumers buy.
- Food Processing Worker: A food processing worker works in the food production line and loads ingredients into industrial equipment. The professional also monitors the machinery during the cooking to ensure that product quality standards are being met.
- Quality Systems Manager: A quality systems manager monitors production processes to ensure that the end product that is being produced is in accordance with company and industry requirements.
- Food Production Craftsman: A food production craftsman’s responsibilities include working in coordination with the customers, crafting models, and creating cuts and patterns for production.
Certificate in Food & Beverage Services
Certificate in Food Production
Certificate in Hotel Management
Certificate in Tour Guiding & Operation
Diploma in Air Fare & Ticket
Diploma in Food & Beverage Services
Diploma in Food Production
Diploma in Hotel Management
Diploma in Tour Guiding & Operation
Certificate in Business Administration
Certificate in Human Resource Management
Certificate in Procurement & Supply Management
Certificate in Secretary Course
Diploma in Accountancy
Diploma in Business Administration
Diploma in Human Resource Management
Diploma in Procurement & Supply Management
Diploma in Secretary Course
Our Popular Courses
Look some of the most popular courses at Zanzibar City College of Technology
Food production is a major department in hospitality industry in which candidates can excel by learning various aspects of food production.
The programme produce professionals with skills, knowledge and right attitude to facilitate efficient development process of communities.
Air fare & Ticketing
Fares and Ticketing is a niche specialization of the Hospitality and Travel field.
Nursery teaching Training
I wish you all a peaceful and successful session full of achievements in your academic endeavours at your respective levels of studies.
Secretary & Record Archives
Secretary Course is one of the principal posts in a company. He/she act as a conscience seeker of the company.